Easy Stewed Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a sure-fire family favorite with down-home goodness that tastes better than the store-bought kind. And wait 'til they ask how you made them!
What You'll Need:
- 6 to 8 fresh, very ripe tomatoes, peeled, or 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups crumbled bread (any kind)
- 1 tablespoon diced onion (optional)
What To Do:
Put tomatoes in a large deep skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes.
Add all remaining ingredients and cook until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Serve it hot as a side dish.
- We use canned tomatoes most of the time 'cause it's so much easier, but if you've got a lot of fresh starting-to-go-soft tomatoes around, this will turn them into great tomatoes.
- We've got even more easy tomato recipes where this came from! Check out our collection of Fresh Tomato Recipes: 20 Can't-Miss Recipes with Tomatoes.
- If you loved these Easy Stewed Tomatoes, check out our free eCookbook, Tasty, Easy Vegetable Recipes: 35 Vegetable Side Dishes, Dinners, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cupid's Love Pies are a great way to share the love with friends and family, especially when they're made with lots of love. Bake these heart-shaped hand pies, filled with creamy chocolate hazelnut and strawberry jam, and get ready to receive lots of hugs and kisses!