Fruited Acorn Squash
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's no problem getting the kids to eat their veggies when we give 'em sweet dishes like this Fruited Acorn Squash. It has just the right amount of sweetness and it works as a side dish for practically every entree.
What You'll Need:
- 2 medium acorn squash (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds each) (see Tip)
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup peeled, seeded and chopped orange
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pierce squash with a fork, and arrange on paper towels in microwave. Microwave on high power for 6 to 7 minutes, or until tender. Cut in half, and remove seeds.
- In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, orange, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt; mix well. Spoon evenly into squash halves and place on baking sheets.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
To keep squash halves upright as they bake, before stuffing, cut a narrow slice off the bottom of each half.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Kitchen Sink Pie was inspired by the famous "Kitchen Sink" ice cream dessert from Jaxon's Ice Cream Parlor in Florida. Like the original, it's got everything but the kitchen sink, including an ice cream cone crust, piles of ice cream, and all sorts of sundae toppings!