Grandma Bell's Onion Tart
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This southern-style sweet onion tart that we call Grandma Bells Onion Tart is a tasty go-along for a weeknight meal, or it will do you proud when you have company!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (9-inch) frozen ready-to-bake pie shell, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake pie shell 8 to 10 minutes, or until light golden; set aside.
In a medium skillet over high heat, melt butter. Add onions and saute 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and saute 2 to 4 additional minutes, or until tender. Place in pie shell.
In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, dry mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well and pour over onions. Sprinkle with paprika.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until sides and crust are golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into wedges and serve.
- Tarts make such an attractive presentation and they're so tasty, too! We just love cheese tarts and thought you might like to try this Spanish-inspired recipe.
- Looking for more fantastic recipes for spring? Be sure to check out our free recipe collection, Spring Veggie Fever: 25 Mouthwatering Spring Vegetable Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pot roast recipe was shared with us by a grandma who loves ballroom dancing! Whenever she made this comforting meal for dinner, the whole family would rush to the table. Plus, Grandma Lois' Pot Roast is made in one pot, so you know it's going to be easy. That leaves a lot more time for dancing!