Green Beans with Grape Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 12 Min
- COOK TIME
- 18 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
Grape tomatoes and green beans make for the perfect combination when you're looking for an easy vegetable side dish to make with dinner. If you've ever wondered what other recipes use grape tomatoes aside from salad, then this is the recipe for you. Plus, it's a great recipe for putting that Dutch oven of yours to work. We love showing off to our friends how we're so handy around the kitchen.
What You'll Need:
- 2 quarts water
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
What To Do:
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a Dutch oven; add beans and cook 8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat 6 to 7 minutes or until butter begins to brown. Add green beans, and saut until tender. Stir in grape tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
Grape tomatoes are small and oval shaped with red or yellow skin and have a sweet flavor like summer tomatoes. Look for them at your local supermarket.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.