We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You may not have thought of grilling romaine, but it's a great way to make it. Grilled fresh romaine is easy and takes no time. And grilling gives it a flavor boost that you're gonna love!
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 fresh romaine hearts (one 22-ounce package), cut in half lengthwise with cores intact
- Fresh ground pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt. Brush the mixture on the cut sides of the romaine and season with fresh ground pepper.
- Grill cut-side down for 5 minutes, or until the lettuce just starts to brown. Turn and cook until wilted and brown. Serve warm.
This can also be made with other hearty lettuce types such as Belgian endive, Salad Savoy, radicchio or Bibb lettuce, or maybe even a combination.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know those over-the-top burgers that you can find at popular restaurants? Well, we created our version of one that's inspired by some real-down home flavors. Our Honky Tonk Burgers are loaded with bacon, cheese, barbecue sauce, onion rings, and more. Now that's what we call a burger!