Herb Marinated Asparagus
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 Hr 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 6 Min
- READY IN
- 3 Hr 16 Min
When asparagus is in season - it's so abundant, now's the time to take advantage of its crisp, garden-fresh taste at very reasonable prices. You know, this version's so tasty, crisp, and appealing that even the kids are gonna want to dig in!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed (see Note)
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 hard-boiled egg, finely chopped (optional)
What To Do:
- Fill a soup pot with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the asparagus to the boiling water, cover, and steam for 6 to 8 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Remove the asparagus and plunge it into a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine the Italian dressing, bell pepper, parsley, and chives; mix well. Remove the asparagus from the water and add, making sure to coat completely with the dressing mixture.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. When ready to serve, sprinkle with the chopped egg, if desired.
The easy way to determine where to trim asparagus is to hold the asparagus and break off the stem end. It'll separate where the tender part and the tough part meet.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
BBQ sauce and smoked paprika are the key ingredients to making this chili recipe taste extra-smokin' good. Not only is our Smokin' BBQ Chili recipe flavor-packed and delicious, but it's made in just one pot, so it's extra-easy to clean up, too!