Homestyle Green Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When we think of country cooking, we definitely think of it including lots of produce right from the field. This recipe came from a viewer who told me she likes to saute Italian green beans from her husband's garden with tomatoes that she dried from the fall harvest. It's very trendy today yet country-delicious. To make it really easy, we substituted frozen Italian beans and a jar of sun-dried tomatoes.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted and slivered (see Note)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (9 ounce each) packages frozen Italian green beans, thawed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
Add sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts, and garlic and saute 1 minute.
Add green beans and salt and saute 6 to 7 minutes, or until beans are tender. Serve immediately.
Sun-dried tomatoes also come packed in oil. If you want to use those, just drain them then saute in the oil instead of the butter.
- If you're looking for more great holiday side dishes like this one, check out our FREE eCookbook, Thanksgiving Side Dishes: 35 Family-Favorite Recipes for Thanksgiving Sides.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Is there a "secret ingredient" in your favorite meatloaf recipe? There is in ours! Our Secret Ingredient Meatloaf calls for one shortcut ingredient that doesn't just make life easier, but it makes the meatloaf so moist and flavorful, too! Aren't you glad we've let you in on our little secret?
- Fried Cabbage
- Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters
- Creamed Cabbage
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 18 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Buttery Cabbage
- Amish Broccoli Bake
- Lucky Cabbage and Noodles
- Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles
- Homemade Microwave Pickles