Lemon Chive Asparagus
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Between the freshness of the lemon, the snap of the asparagus, and the richness from the butter, it's hard to say what you'll love best about our Lemon Chive Asparagus. This healthy and elegant side dish is a must-make - especially in the spring!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (see Note)
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over high heat, bring water and salt to a boil.
- Add asparagus; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 4 to 5 minutes, or until asparagus is tender. Drain and arrange on a serving platter.
- In the same skillet over medium-high, melt butter. Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well then pour over asparagus. Serve immediately.
Why not garnish the platter with slices of fresh lemon? And, if you don't have fresh chives, 1 teaspoon of freeze-dried chives can be substituted for 1 tablespoon of minced fresh.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pot roast or German sausages? Try our Old-Fashioned German Stuffing! This hot and hearty stuffing is loaded with fresh sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and rye bread, so you know it's got an authentic taste!