Lemon Chive Asparagus
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We couldn't think of a fresher combination of flavors for a healthy and elegant side dish than what you'll find in our Lemon Chive Asparagus.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup ( stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (see Note)
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over high heat, bring water and salt to a boil.
- Add asparagus; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 4 to 5 minutes, or until asparagus is tender. Drain and arrange on a serving platter.
- In the same skillet over medium-high, melt butter. Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well then pour over asparagus. Serve immediately.
Why not garnish the platter with slices of fresh lemon? And, if you don't have fresh chives, 1 teaspoon of freeze-dried chives can be substituted for 1 tablespoon of minced fresh.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you've got friends coming over to watch a game, or you're just looking for an easy lunch or snack, these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are a real winner. Buffalo chicken makes for a tasty addition inside these cheesy quesadillas, and the celery adds a nice a crunch!
- Fried Cabbage
- Mexican Street Corn
- Orzo Stuffed Peppers
- Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters
- Creamed Cabbage
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 18 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Buttery Cabbage
- Lucky Cabbage and Noodles
- Amish Broccoli Bake