Lemon Chive Asparagus
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We couldn't think of a fresher combination of flavors for a healthy and elegant side dish than what you'll find in our Lemon Chive Asparagus.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives (see Notes)
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, bring water and salt to a boil over high heat.
- Add asparagus; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until asparagus is tender. Drain and arrange on a serving platter.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well then pour over asparagus. Serve immediately.
Why not garnish the platter with slices of fresh lemon? And, if you don't have fresh chives, 1 teaspoon of freeze-dried chives can be substituted for 1 tablespoon of minced fresh.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.