Lemon Chive Asparagus
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We couldn't think of a fresher combination of flavors for a healthy and elegant side dish than what you'll find in our Lemon Chive Asparagus.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup ( stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (see Note)
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over high heat, bring water and salt to a boil.
- Add asparagus; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 4 to 5 minutes, or until asparagus is tender. Drain and arrange on a serving platter.
- In the same skillet over medium-high, melt butter. Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well then pour over asparagus. Serve immediately.
Why not garnish the platter with slices of fresh lemon? And, if you don't have fresh chives, 1 teaspoon of freeze-dried chives can be substituted for 1 tablespoon of minced fresh.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for an even easier way to enjoy stuffed peppers, look no further than this Stuffed Peppers Casserole. It's got everything you love about stuffed peppers, but in the form of a hearty casserole! That means no hassle whatsoever - just lots of yummy eating!
- Fried Cabbage
- Creamed Cabbage
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 18 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Lucky Cabbage and Noodles
- Grandma Irma's Red Cabbage
- Buttery Cabbage
- Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles
- Amish Broccoli Bake
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Homemade Microwave Pickles