Lemon-Scented Sugar Snaps
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
Snap peas are such a great veggie to work into your meals, isn't it? We love this recipe for Lemon-Scented Sugar Snaps because they're just such a refreshing addition to your dinner table. This easy snap pea recipe only takes about ten minutes to cook up, making it a simple dish to throw together to accompany your chicken or beef main course. We even bet it'll make a nice addition to your potluck spread, so it's certainly a keeper!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
What To Do:
- Cook peas in boiling salted water to cover 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; add peas, and saut 3 minutes. Add garlic and remaining ingredients. Saute 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
To boil sugar snap peas ahead, follow step 1; then wrap the peas in paper towels, and place in a resealable plastic bag. Seal and chill up to 8 hours.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!