We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've never eaten onions baked like this...boy, are you in for a treat! You're gonna love 'em (and you'll love how easy they are)!
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 7 onions, coarsely chopped (about 7 cups)
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon jarred jalapeno peppers, drained and chopped, optional
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onions and sauté about 10 minutes, or until softened.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Add 1 cup of each cheese; mix well. Add jalapeño peppers, if desired, and cooked onions; mix well. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Combine remaining cheese and sprinkle evenly over onion mixture.
Bake 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
So many ways to enjoy onions! One of our favorites (and everyone else's too, it seems) is crispy Onion Rings!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Brunch will never be the same once you've tried our recipe for Eggs Benedict Casserole. This make-ahead take on a classic breakfast recipe will impress everyone. From the moment it's set on the table, to the moment they clear their plates they'll be showering you with compliments!
- Best Broccoli Salad
- Zucchini Squares
- Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 26 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Fried Cabbage
- Amazing Asparagus Quiche
- Spring Veggie Fever: 25 Mouthwatering Spring Vegetable Recipes
- Carrot Bake
- Simple Roasted Asparagus
- Amish Broccoli Bake