Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!
What You'll Need:
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Place cauliflower in a large pot and add just enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mash until mixture is well combined.
- For a quick-and-easy baked version, add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and 4 beaten eggs to the mixture and place in an 8-inch square baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden and set.
- With cauliflower being all the rage and so versatile, here's a collection of delicious cauliflower recipes sure to inspire you!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cupid's Love Pies are a great way to share the love with friends and family, especially when they're made with lots of love. Bake these heart-shaped hand pies, filled with creamy chocolate hazelnut and strawberry jam, and get ready to receive lots of hugs and kisses!