We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is one of our Oktoberfest favorites. Serve our Mustardy Cabbage alongside some brats, or any main dish, for some authentic German flavor!
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil, bacon, and onion and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and onion starts to brown.
- Add the cabbage, apple, salt, and pepper and continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes, or until cabbage is wilted. Stir in cream and mustard and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Click here to check out all the crazy good Oktoberfest recipes that the Test Kitchen is cookin' up!
- If you enjoyed this Mustardy Cabbage recipe, be sure to check out our Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage.
- For an easy way to cut onions, and more onion tips and tricks, be sure to check out our How-To page!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an appetizer that's guaranteed to win you rave reviews...one dip at a time. Our Bread Bowl Fondue is a modern day twist on fondue that's always a hit. When you serve this all-in-one, fun-do, fondue in the bread bowl, you better stand back, or you might get trampled!