My Favorite Tomato Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's one of Mr. Food's favorite recipes? This simple Tomato Salad and homemade dressing that shouts "fresh from the garden." It's now our favorite, and we bet you'll be saying it's "My Favorite Tomato Salad" too.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large beefsteak tomatoes, chunked
- 1 large green bell pepper, chunked
- 2 to 3 scallions (green onions), sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well with a whisk.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and gently toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Tomatoes are at their tastiest when eaten at room temperature. If you're assembling this salad in advance and refrigerating, just let it sit out on the counter for 30 minutes or so before serving.
- The best way to enjoy this down to the last drop? Some yummy bread for sopping up the dressing, of course!
We've got even more easy tomato recipes where this came from! Check out our collection of Fresh Tomato Recipes: 20 Can't-Miss Recipes with Tomatoes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can enjoy a cookie version of your favorite campfire treat with our recipe for Peanut Butter S'more Bars! These bars feature a chunky peanut butter crust that's layered with marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, and roasted peanuts. Go on, make these and be the star of the next potluck!