We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
What in the world is succotash? Succotash is a mixed vegetable dish with different kinds of shell beans like corn or lima beans. It's a great medley to accompany any dinner recipe, wouldn't you agree? Our New Succotash recipe gives you a nice update on the traditional versions, so you can surprise the family with one of the trendiest vegetable dishes around! Pass the succotash, please!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute scallions and red pepper until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add remaining ingredients, stirring to blend.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and liquid is absorbed.