Quick Eggplant Parmigiana
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In a hurry? Make tonight an Italian night with our Quick Eggplant Parmigiana.
What You'll Need:
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (12- to 15-ounce) eggplant, trimmed and sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup light spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Place bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and oregano in a shallow dish; mix well. Place flour in another shallow dish and place eggs in a third shallow dish.
- Dip eggplant slices in flour then eggs then bread crumb mixture, coating completely with each. Arrange eggplant in a single layer on baking sheets. Lightly coat tops of eggplant with cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden. Spoon spaghetti sauce evenly over eggplant slices then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Nutritional Analysis, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association: Serving Size: 3 slices Exchanges: 1 Carbohydrate, 1 Fat Per serving: Calories 139 Calories from Fat 38 Protein 8g Carbohydrate 18g Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 78mg Sodium 372mg Sugars 5g Dietary Fiber 3g
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Clear the deck sailors! Our recipe for Avocado Breakfast Boats is so good it'll blow your taste buds right out of the water! Just imagine a fresh avocado and tomato salsa mixed together and served over fluffy, scrambled eggs right in the avocado "boats"...it's a breakfast delight!