Quick Eggplant Parmigiana
In a hurry? Make tonight an Italian night with our Quick Eggplant Parmigiana.
What You'll Need:
cup plain bread crumbs
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano
cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 (12- to 15-ounce) eggplant, trimmed and sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
1 cup light spaghetti sauce
cup (2 ounces) finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Place bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and oregano in a shallow dish; mix well. Place flour in another shallow dish and place eggs in a third shallow dish.
- Dip eggplant slices in flour then eggs then bread crumb mixture, coating completely with each. Arrange eggplant in a single layer on baking sheets. Lightly coat tops of eggplant with cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden. Spoon spaghetti sauce evenly over eggplant slices then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Nutritional Analysis, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association: Serving Size: 3 slices Exchanges: 1 Carbohydrate, 1 Fat Per serving: Calories 139 Calories from Fat 38 Protein 8g Carbohydrate 18g Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 78mg Sodium 372mg Sugars 5g Dietary Fiber 3g
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
09 26 11