Ratatouille ("Garden Relish")
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
Looking to eat healthier by getting your daily supply of vegetables? This veggie-packed ratatouille will do the trick. Itâ€™s even okay to freeze this garden relish if you feel the batch is too big for you.
What You'll Need:
cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium onions, cut into half-moons
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; sauté the garlic, bell peppers, and onions for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the eggplant and zucchini; mix well, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley, basil, and diced tomatoes; mix well.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients and heat for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Serve hot or cold along with practically any entree.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES