Saucy Squash Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Serve the taste of a holiday any night of the week. (It looks pretty holiday-fancy, too!)
What You'll Need:
- 2 acorn squash, cut in half and seeded
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place squash cut side up in a 9" x 13" baking dish that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon applesauce equally into cavities of each squash.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over tops of the squash and bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until squash is tender.
Cut a small piece off the bottom of each squash half so they'll sit flat in the baking dish.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Native Americans cooked their corn right in the husks over an open fire, and we think their idea is still best, 'cause it helps bring out flavors you can only get from roasting. We love making our Husky Roasted Corn right on the grill in the summer, and in our ovens when it's cooler out!