We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We don't have to wait for a special occasion to dress up this popular squash. We can perk up zucchini any day...the Sicilian way!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 medium-sized zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 (10 ½-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and saute zucchini 5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook 5 to 7 more minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add bread crumbs and saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until bread crumbs are golden.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 12 to 15 minutes, or until very tender (see Note).
You know your Sicilian Zucchini is done when the zucchini is so tender that it's almost falling apart.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know those over-the-top burgers that you can find at popular restaurants? Well, we created our version of one that's inspired by some real-down home flavors. Our Honky Tonk Burgers are loaded with bacon, cheese, barbecue sauce, onion rings, and more. Now that's what we call a burger!