Simple Stir-Fried Okra
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
You don't hear much about okra, but believe us when we say it's one of the hidden gems of the veggie world. Okra is full of fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants, making it one of the healthiest foods out there. If you've never cooked with okra before, don't worry 'cause our Simple Stir-Fried Okra recipe is great for beginners. Just throw in all the ingredients and let it sizzle on the stovetop for a side dish you're gonna love!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen okra, thawed or 1 pound fresh okra
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 4 ingredients, and saut 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add okra; saut 15 minutes or until okra is light golden. Stir in salt.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Homemade soup that's this hearty is simply irresistible! Between the rich tomato broth and the cheese-filled pasta it's hard not to fall in love with Mama Mia's Tortellini Soup. So, grab your favorite bowl and your soup spoon, 'cause this soup recipe is sure to please!