Smoky Black Eyed Peas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bacon adds a smoky twist to a traditional black eyed pea recipe that's sure to please.
What You'll Need:
- 5 tablespoons slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen black-eyed peas, thawed
- 1 large tomato, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Add onion to pan and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 45 to 50 minutes, until tomato has cooked down to form a sauce, stirring occasionally. Crumble bacon and add to pan, just to heat.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a cake you can share with EVERYONE (really!). Since this tropical-tasting cake is made in a baking sheet, you can bet there's enough to go around. And, 'cause both the frosting and the cake are made from scratch, they're sure to say, "Wow, that's a Crazy Good Pineapple Sheet Cake!"