Sweet Vidalia Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sweet Vidalia onion pie is almost like a quiche but minus the eggs! This incredibly easy as pie recipe for using in season Vidalia onions will fit a light lunch or be the perfect side dish for your main course!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie shell, baked according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium Vidalia or sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon pieces
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a medium bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, Cheddar cheese, and mayonnaise; mix well. Spread half the mixture into baked pie shell; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté onion slices 4 to 5 minutes, until translucent and soft.
- Place onions and tomatoes over cheese mixture. Sprinkle with bacon pieces, reserving a few for garnish. Spread remaining cheese mixture on top and sprinkle with reserved bacon pieces.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden. Let cool 5 minutes then slice and serve.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Vidalia Onion Committee