Sweet Vidalia Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sweet Vidalia onion pie is almost like a quiche but minus the eggs! This incredibly easy as pie recipe for using in season Vidalia onions will fit a light lunch or be the perfect side dish for your main course!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie shell, baked according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium Vidalia or sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon pieces
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a medium bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, Cheddar cheese, and mayonnaise; mix well. Spread half the mixture into baked pie shell; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté onion slices 4 to 5 minutes, until translucent and soft.
- Place onions and tomatoes over cheese mixture. Sprinkle with bacon pieces, reserving a few for garnish. Spread remaining cheese mixture on top and sprinkle with reserved bacon pieces.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden. Let cool 5 minutes then slice and serve.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Vidalia Onion Committee
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Make room burritos, 'cause there's a new contender in town, and they're going by the name of Tex-Mex Hand Pies! These creamy hand pies are stuffed full of Tex-Mex favorites like salsa, chicken and lots of creamy cheese. You're going to wish you had more hands.