Sweet Vidalia Pie
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
What You'll Need:
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie shell, baked according to package directions
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium Vidalia or sweet onion, thinly sliced
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
cup cooked bacon pieces
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a medium bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, Cheddar cheese, and mayonnaise; mix well. Spread half the mixture into baked pie shell; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté onion slices 4 to 5 minutes, until translucent and soft.
- Place onions and tomatoes over cheese mixture. Sprinkle with bacon pieces, reserving a few for garnish. Spread remaining cheese mixture on top and sprinkle with reserved bacon pieces.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden. Let cool 5 minutes then slice and serve.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Vidalia Onion Committee
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES