Sweet 'n' Hot Onion Rings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Get ready to reach for the tastiest homemade onion rings ever! Our Sweet 'n' Hot Onion Rings are made from mild, sweet onions that are fried in a zesty batter that's sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups club soda
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 large sweet yellow onions, cut into 3/8-inch-thick slices and separated into rings
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, ground red pepper, and salt. Whisk club soda into mixture.
- In a large soup pot, heat 2 inches of oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Dip each onion ring into the batter, allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl. Fry a few onion rings at a time for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden, turning once during cooking. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Fried Cabbage
- Creamed Cabbage
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 18 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Lucky Cabbage and Noodles
- Amish Broccoli Bake
- Buttery Cabbage
- Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles
- Homemade Microwave Pickles
- Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters