We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Using store-bought pastry means you can turn out these veggie turnovers in a snap. And just watch - they'll be snapped up before you can turn around!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted and sliced
- 1 (2-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (17-ounce) package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, tomato paste, and salt. Cook for 15 more minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet with a rolling pin to a 12-inch square. Diagonally cut each into quarters, making 8 triangles. Spoon the vegetable mixture evenly on top of the dough and fold the dough over the filling, forming 8 turnovers. Pinch the edges to seal, dampening with water, if necessary.
- In a shallow dish, beat the egg and water until well blended. Brush the tops of the turnovers with the egg mixture and place on rimmed baking sheets that have been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.