Avocado, Bean and Corn Salsa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know avocados contain nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and mono- and polyunsaturated good fats? And, since one-fifth of an avocado, a typical serving, has only 50 calories, using avocados in this lively salsa is a healthy eating idea.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup store-bought vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup (about 3) thinly sliced scallions (green onions)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 fully ripened avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
What to Do
- In a large bowl, whisk together salad dressing, scallions, cilantro, lime peel, and salt.
- Add beans, corn and pepper; toss to coat. Add avocados; toss gently.
Looking for more fantastic recipes for spring? Be sure to check out our free recipe collection, Spring Veggie Fever: 25 Mouthwatering Spring Vegetable Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!