Black-Eyed Pea and Ham Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 12 appetizer servings
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Everyone in our Test Kitchen went hog wild over our novel Black-Eyed Pea and Ham Dip. This down-home southern recipe knows no boundaries for good taste.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup diced country ham
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Cornbread crackers or round buttery crackers
What To Do:
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Saute ham 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned; stir in black-eyed peas and the water. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 8 minutes, or until liquid is almost evaporated. Partially mash beans with back of a spoon to desired consistency.
- In a medium bowl, stir together tomato, scallions, celery, parsley, oil, and vinegar.
- Spoon warm bean mixture into a serving bowl, and top with tomato mixture. Serve with crackers.
If you'd like, you can prepare this dip a day ahead, then reheat before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a crowd pleaser, look no further than our all-time favorite Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. The creamy filling between two layers of chocolate chip cookie dough make this a heavenly treat that no one can resist. Don't be surprised when they reach for two of these chocolate chip cheesecake bars!