Chicken Egg Rolls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You wouldn't believe how easy our Chicken Egg Rolls are to make. So easy in fact, you'll those take out menus right into the trash! And, since they're ready in under 15 minutes, these Chicken Egg Rolls make a great last-minute appetizer, too!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for frying
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrot, scallions, and chicken; mix well. Pour soy sauce mixture over cabbage mixture; toss to coat well and let stand 10 minutes. Place cabbage mixture in a colander and squeeze to drain well.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup cabbage mixture evenly onto center of each egg roll wrapper. Lightly brush edges of egg roll with beaten egg. Fold one corner of each egg roll wrapper up over cabbage mixture then fold both sides over, envelope fashion; roll up tightly.
- In a deep medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat about 1-1/2 inches oil until hot but not smoking. Add egg rolls in batches and fry 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately, but be sure to use caution -- the filling will be hot.
- Serve these easy egg rolls with duck sauce or spicy mustard, and they'll taste as good as (or better than!) the ones served in restaurants.
- Psst! Don't forget about the fried rice! It's the perfect go-along with these yummy egg rolls.
- If you love these Chicken Egg Rolls, then you've got to try some of our other popular Chinese takeout appetizers, like Spring Rolls, Creamy Crab Wontons, and Chinese Spareribs!
- Plus, be sure to check out our collection of 39 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes for more of our favorites. And check more great appetizers in our free eCookbook, Our Best Appetizer Recipes: 32 Easy Party Appetizers for Any Occasion.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!