Danish Blue Cheese Spread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our homemade Danish Blue Cheese Spread is a must for anyone who loves blue cheese. This novel, flavorful party spread is easy to make, and always earns you praise.
What You'll Need
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup ripe pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well, until smooth.
- Store in refrigerator but serve at room temperature.
- If you'd like a little smoother consistency, add 1 or 2 teaspoons milk.
- There are lots of nice ways to serve this: You can place it in a serving bowl and surround it with your favorite crackers. Make a cheese ball this way: Line a medium bowl with plastic wrap. Lightly press mixture into bowl, flattening top; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. When ready to serve, invert cheese ball onto platter, remove plastic wrap and sprinkle with additional chopped parsley. Or you can toast it: Cut fresh French bread into 1/2 -to 3/4-inch slices. Spread generously with cheese spread. Broil 6 inches from heat for 4 to 5 minutes, or until spread is bubbly.