Egg Roll in a Bowl
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Are you someone who always adds egg rolls to your Chinese takeout order? If so, then you're going to love this novel twist on regular pork egg rolls. Our Egg Roll in a Bowl has everything you love about egg rolls, but without all the work. It's a delicious side dish turned into a dinner favorite!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 (16-ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- Fried wontons (see Note)
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic powder, and pepper; mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot; cook pork 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Add coleslaw, scallions, chili sauce, and soy sauce mixture to skillet. Mix well and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or just until cabbage begins to soften. Serve with fried wontons.
- To make fried wontons, cut wontons in quarters on the diagonal. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 cup vegetable oil until hot, then add wontons to skillet. Fry 15 to 20 seconds on each side, or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Craving even more easy Chinese recipes like this one? Check out our collection of Takeout Dishes to Make at Home!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a big Christmas list, we've got a yummy, budget-friendly solution! Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples are the perfect DIY Christmas gifts! Everyone will love the combo of ooey gooey caramel, sweet chocolate, and crisp apple, but want to know the best part? There's an unlimited amount of ways to decorate these!