We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our supermarkets are full of foods that help us watch our fat intake. Turkey bacon is one of them, and here it is replacing the traditional pork bacon in an appetizer favorite.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 6 ounces turkey bacon
- 1 pound sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, hot pepper sauce, brown sugar, and vinegar; stir until smooth.
- Cut the pieces of turkey bacon in half cross-wise. Roll a piece of bacon around each scallop and secure each with a wooden toothpick. Place in the barbecue sauce mixture and stir gently to coat. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the scallop rolls on a rimmed baking sheet that has been lined with aluminum foil; discard any remaining marinade. Broil for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the scallops are cooked through.
Makes about 30 pieces.
Be sure to use sea scallops and not bay scallops-bay scallops are too small to use in this recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't need a fancy rotisserie to make the best roasted chicken - all you need is a Bundt pan! Our Herb Roasted Bundt Pan Chicken is so moist and flavorful, you'll wonder why you've never tried roasting your chicken like this before. (We just love how the chicken picks up the flavors from the herbs and wine in the pan!)