Smoky Chili Con Queso
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This dish is always a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. Wanna know why? We love this Smoky Chili Con Queso because of the thick and creamy cheese and smoky flavor! You'll love it, too!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound hot ground pork sausage
- 2 cups shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) jar pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 (16-ounce) jar fire-roasted salsa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Tortilla chips
What To Do:
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir together sausage, cheeses, and next 3 ingredients in a 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW setting 2 hours or until cheese melts. Serve with tortilla chips.
Cheese dips aren't as forgiving as other dishes prepared in a slow cooker, when an extra hour or so of cooking wouldn't make a difference in the end results. Do not cook longer than 2 hours and be sure to serve within 2 hours to prevent separation caused by the dip getting too hot.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.