Adobe Meringue Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Lots of rich dessert recipes are so fancy and take so many complicated steps that by the time you finish making them, you're exhausted. That's not our kind of dessert, and here's the proof - an easy, hearty, comforting dessert that won everybody's raves in our offices and Test Kitchen!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, cream butter and granulated sugar. Add 1 whole egg and 2 egg yolks; beat until well mixed. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Spread into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with nuts, marshmallows, and chocolate chips.
- In a medium-sized bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, then fold in brown sugar. Spread over top of batter and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool, then cut into bars and serve.
No miniature marshmallows on hand? Just cut regular-sized marshmallows into 6 pieces each.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Calories 228
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 4.0g 20 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 3.1g 6 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 112mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 33g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 24g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've only got 15 minutes to make dinner, then you're going to love this pressure cooker recipe for 15-Minute Chicken Cacciatore. This is a fast and flavor-packed version of a classic Italian dish. Your family is going to devour it!