Adobe Meringue Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Lots of rich dessert recipes are so fancy and take so many complicated steps that by the time you finish making them, you're exhausted. That's not our kind of dessert, and here's the proof - an easy, hearty, comforting dessert that won everybody's raves in our offices and Test Kitchen!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, cream butter and granulated sugar. Add 1 whole egg and 2 egg yolks; beat until well mixed. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Spread into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with nuts, marshmallows, and chocolate chips.
- In a medium-sized bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, then fold in brown sugar. Spread over top of batter and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool, then cut into bars and serve.
No miniature marshmallows on hand? Just cut regular-sized marshmallows into 6 pieces each.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Calories 228
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 4.0g 20 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 3.1g 6 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 112mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 33g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 24g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Pull-Apart Cheese Bread is great for a movie night at home with some friends and family. That's 'cause this pull-apart bread is made with delicious and irresistible ingredients, like two kinds of melted cheese and yummy buttermilk biscuits. Just don't blame us if this recipe steals the show!