Caramel Apple Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Kind of like a cross between a caramel apple and an apple crisp, these Caramel Apple Bars are sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 (17.5-ounce) pouch oatmeal cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup peeled and chopped apple
- 3/4 cup caramel topping
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
What to Do
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 9- x 13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cut butter into cookie mix using a fork or a pastry blender. Stir in egg until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1-1/2 cups of cookie mixture. Press remaining cookie mixture in bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle apple over the cookie crust. In a small bowl, mix caramel topping and flour, and drizzle over apples. Then crumble the reserved cookie mix over caramel layer and bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely.