Chocolate-Caramel Pecan Squares
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In the South, they have a knack for taking something great and making it taste even better! Chocolate-Caramel Pecan Squares show they do it with their native favorite: pecans.
What You'll Need:
- 12 double graham crackers
- 2 (7-ounce) packages chocolate-covered caramel candies (about 50 pieces)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, lightly toasted
What To Do:
- Completely cover the bottom of a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with graham crackers; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat and stir candies and cream over low heat, until candies melt. Spread chocolate mixture over graham crackers; quickly sprinkle with nuts, gently pressing them into chocolate.
- Cool 10 to 15 minutes then cut into bars or break into chunks like brittle. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- If you don't buy the pecans already toasted, it's easy to do it yourself: Spread out the pecans on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F. just until lightly browned. (Keep an eye on them, 'cause it doesn't take too long!)
- You can use walnuts or peanuts...whatever your gang likes. And if you use peanuts, how about throwing on a few peanut butter morsels with the nuts?
- You can also prepare this in the microwave by placing the candies and cream in a glass bowl, and microwaving it at 30 percent power for 2 to 4 minutes, stirring well after each minute. When the mixture is smooth, just spread it over the crackers and continue as above.
- For a different serving idea, microwave the finished bars for 5 to 10 seconds right before serving and you'll have a warm, soft treat (but don't overcook!).
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for a one-pot Classic Chicken Fricassee will make you feel good through and through. It's made to taste just like the kind you grew up eating, featuring yummy veggies like celery, onion, carrots, and mushrooms. We love it over curly noodles!