Chocolate Chip Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've taken a few liberties here to make scratch baking a cinch! The end result is an easy recipe for Chocolate Chip Bars that will earn you brownie points with your hungry gang!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips, pecans, and brown sugar; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat cake mix, butter, and eggs until thoroughly combined (mixture will be stiff).
- Stir half of the chocolate chip mixture into batter and spread over bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chip mixture over batter and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely then cut into bars and serve.
Individually wrapped, these bars make the perfect lunch box treat.
- Are you a chocolate fan? Then we think you're going to love the chocolate dessert recipes featured in our free eCookbook, Death by Chocolate: Dessert Heaven with 30 of Our Best Chocolate Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We really went "over the top" with this open-faced sandwich. Our Over-the-Top Chicken Caesar Melt is a fill-ya-up main dish that was inspired by all the easy and convenient ingredients in the freezer aisle. It's made with flavorful Texas toast that gets topped with yummy ingredients like chicken, cheese, onion rings, and more. It's a must-make!