Chocolate Ruby Treasures
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This cookie bar recipe is a real "treasure." Just when you thought a chocolate chip cookie bar couldn't get any better, our Chocolate Ruby Treasures surprise you with every scrumptious bite. Plus, the ruby red cherries make 'em look beautiful, too!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (16 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and coarsely chopped
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking soda; mix well and set aside. In a large bowl, with an electric beater on high speed, beat together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue beating until blended, then add the milk and blend well. Gradually add the flour mixture and beat until well mixed. With a spoon, stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a 9" x 13" baking dish that has been coated with nonstick baking spray. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top is light golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
Makes 12 to 15 squares.
- These decadent bar cookies are part of our 2016 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.