Icebox Strawberry Shortcake Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
If you're looking for a nostalgic strawberry shortcake recipe, our Icebox Strawberry Shortcake Bars will make you feel like a kid again. The creamy fruit taste is perfect for an outdoor summer picnic, a get-together, or as a romantic dessert. It's a strawberry-licious treat that's sure to impress!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons finely crushed sugar cookies, divided (see Note)
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 cups cookie crumbs and the butter; mix well. Press firmly into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Beat in cream cheese just until it's evenly mixed. With a rubber spatula, gently stir in strawberries. Evenly spread over the crust.
- Top with remaining 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs and refrigerate 4 hours, or until ready to serve.
Before You Start Cooking!
- Keep it simple and pick a box of your favorite store-bought sugar cookies for this recipe!
- Go ahead and add some fresh berries and fresh mint as garnish for an even classier feel to this decadent dessert!
- We have a variety of strawberry shortcake recipes in our Easy Strawberry Desserts collection!
- Our Whipped Cream Dessert Recipes are perfect for cooling off in the summer!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 274
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 55 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.4g 5 %
- Cholesterol 62mg 21 %
- Sodium 165mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 22g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The great thing about beets is they're available all year long, and while they are quite versatile, pickling them is the most popular way to cook this colorful veggie. So grab a pot, boil some water, and start slicing, 'cause this Amish Pickled Beets recipe is one you won't want to miss!