Sour Cream Cranberry Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With a chewy texture and a lemon zest kick our Sour Cream Cranberry Bars are sure to become a winter cookie favorite. Set 'em out after dinner or as a snack, and watch as they fly off the plate!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups sweetened dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add oats and 1-1/2 cups flour; mix well. Set aside 1-1/2 cups of mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture into an ungreased 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cranberries, granulated sugar, sour cream, egg, lemon zest, vanilla, and remaining flour; mix well. Spread evenly over crust, and sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 25 to 28 minutes, or until light golden. Cool then cover and chill. Slice into bars and serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The "butter tart" is considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts, and with good reason! All it takes is just one bite to understand what makes these so special. The pastry is super flaky, the filling is butter-rich, and together...they're amazing! Our recipe for Canada Tarts is one you'll want to add to your recipe box!