Stir and Bake Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who says you have to do a whole lotta work to make a cookie bar that tastes spectacular? These Stir and Bake Bars start out with a cake mix and a few other ingredients that you just stir in...and bake! Easy never tasted so good!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (16.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut, oats, brown sugar, oil, water, eggs, and cake mix; pour into baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans and granulated sugar; sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Want to find even more fantastic cookie recipes like this one? Check out our free eCookbook, Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes.
- We love dressing up a box of cake mix! For more ideas on what to do with those packages of cake mix you have at home, check out our collection, To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?