Country Store Hermit Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 Bar
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
This dessert brings back memories from childhood! Our Country Store Hermit Bars are filled with sweet cinnamon, raisins, and chocolate chips. All these ingredients come together to make a comforting dessert filled with cozy down-home flavors, just like Mom and Pop used to make. So head on down to your own country store, and make these yummy dessert bars today!
What You'll Need
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar. Blend in eggs.
- On low speed, beat in water, then baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Gradually mix in flour, about a third at a time. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spread the batter in baking sheet, making sure you level it out.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until firm. Remove pan to a wire rack to cool, then cut into bars.
So Many Options!
- Feel free to add some chopped dates or dried cherries in place of the raisins or dried cranberries. You could even mix or match, there are no rules.
- We're just getting started when it comes to sweet treats! Be sure to check out our Easy Cookie Bar Recipes for more fun!
- To always have something sweet on hand, check out these Extraordinary Make-Ahead Desserts!
- Plus, if you're looking for something perfect, you're gonna love these To-Die-For Dessert Recipes with Cake Mix.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
We've got even more yummy desserts to share!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spice to your life with our recipe for Sriracha Short Ribs! These short ribs are cooked till they're fall-apart tender and then slathered with a delicious sauce made from Sriracha sauce, honey, and lime juice. The results are absolutely mouthwatering!