BBQ Beef and Grits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This hearty open-faced BBQ Beef and Grits sandwich is going to cause a lot of raves. Using a few supermarket refrigerator and freezer shortcuts, this hot sandwich tastes like a million bucks.
What You'll Need
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup quick-cooking white or yellow grits
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (18-ounce) container prepared refrigerated BBQ beef (see Notes)
- 8 slices frozen Texas toast, heated according to package instructions
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat. Add grits and cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture is thick. Remove from heat and add 1 cup cheese and the butter; stir until melted. Add milk, salt, black pepper, and red pepper, and stir until well combined; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the BBQ beef over medium heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon equal amounts of cheesy grits over warm toast, top with BBQ beef, and sprinkle with the remaining Cheddar cheese; serve immediately.
Refrigerated BBQ beef is found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket, near the pre-cooked ribs.
Serve BBQ Beef and Grits with a cool and crispy salad for a complete meal.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!