BBQ Beef and Grits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This hearty open-faced BBQ Beef and Grits sandwich is going to cause a lot of raves. Using a few supermarket refrigerator and freezer shortcuts, this hot sandwich tastes like a million bucks.
What You'll Need
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup quick-cooking white or yellow grits
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (18-ounce) container prepared refrigerated BBQ beef (see Notes)
- 8 slices frozen Texas toast, heated according to package instructions
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat. Add grits and cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture is thick. Remove from heat and add 1 cup cheese and the butter; stir until melted. Add milk, salt, black pepper, and red pepper, and stir until well combined; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the BBQ beef over medium heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon equal amounts of cheesy grits over warm toast, top with BBQ beef, and sprinkle with the remaining Cheddar cheese; serve immediately.
Refrigerated BBQ beef is found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket, near the pre-cooked ribs.
Serve BBQ Beef and Grits with a cool and crispy salad for a complete meal.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!