We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It doesn't matter what the get-together is called, a buffet, a celebration, a party, this entrée should be on the guest list.
What You'll Need
- 1 (4- to 4-1/2-pound) fresh brisket of beef
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 3 small onions, quartered
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place brisket in large roasting pan that has been coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, onions, garlic, tomato paste, water, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture over meat. Place bay leaf into sauce in pan.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and cook 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until brisket is fork tender. When brisket is completely cooked, slice it across grain; return it to pan and cook an additional 5 minutes.
Serve this with the pan juices.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone will love our fancy-sounding but easy-to-make Broccoli and Ham Quiche, whether you serve it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And since you can combine the ingredients in advance and store them in a plastic storage bag in the freezer until you're ready to thaw and bake it off, it makes an extra easy Easter meal!