Barbecued Beef Hoagies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I've added lots of mushrooms and onions to my regular barbecued beef, which not only makes it go farther, it lightens it up at the same time.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 4 large onions, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 pounds lean beef top round, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 Italian-style hoagie rolls, sliced 3/4 throgh
What To Do:
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; add the onions and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 3 to 4 more minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the onions begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove the vegetables to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, brown the steak over medium-high heat for 6 to 7 minutes, or until no pink remains, draining off any excess liquid. Return the vegetables to the skillet and add the chili sauce, ketchup, salt, and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into the hoagie rolls and serve immediately.
Ask your butcher to cut the meat nice and thin. I started out as a butcher, so I know it'll be his or her pleasure!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!
- Dad's Meat Loaf
- 25 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes
- Redneck Chicken-Fried Steak
- Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf
- Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef
- Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage
- All American Skillet Goulash
- Old-Fashioned Meatloaf
- Dad's Beer Marinated Steak
- Better-Than-Ever Meatloaf