We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's been said that beef stroganoff originated in 19th-century Russia and supposedly got its name from the well-known Stroganov family. Though this recipe has been Americanized a bit, it's still as delicious as ever and we know you and your family will love it!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
What to Do
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add steak strips, onion, and garlic, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until steak is no longer pink, stirring frequently.
Add flour and pepper; mix well. Add the soups and mushrooms; mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until beef is tender.
Just before serving, stir in sour cream and cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until mixture is heated through. Serve immediately.
- For a complete stroganoff dinner, serve this over a steaming bowl of our Dutch Noodles!
- Make this a freezer-friendly recipe: Follow recipe above. Allow food to cool, store in freezer-safe container, and freeze. When ready to eat, thaw food in the fridge (usually takes a day) and reheat over medium-low heat in a saucepan on the stove. Serve and enjoy!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!