Braised Mediterranean Beef
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We know you're always looking for one pot dinner recipes that keep the menu fresh and fun. Well, our Braised Mediterranean Beef is a one-pot recipe full of comfort, flavor, and flair! It'll bring the family together around the table, and don't be surprised, when there's none left over! The combo of garlic, tomatoes, and red wine really add bold flavors that will make this a family-favorite!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28-ounce) cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot; brown beef on all sides.
- Add onions, celery, and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Round out the meal by serving this over a heaping helping of either buttered noodles or mashed potatoes. Either way it will ensure you won’t leave any of the flavor-packed sauce behind.
- Since we know you love one pot dinners, we wanted to share some of our favorite with you! Our All in One Goulash will become a quick fave, and our One-Pot Penne is perfect for an Italian-themed night! For something super easy, that we know everyone will love, whip up our One Pot Whatever! It's the perfect meal for whenever.
- Want to give your slow cooker some love? Awesome! Then save room for dessert, because you'll love or Fudgy S'more Cake, and we have to mention this decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Delight. Yes! Both of these recipes are made in the slow cooker!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 259
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 2.1g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 47g 94 %
- Cholesterol 23mg 8 %
- Sodium 1,019mg 42 %
- Total Carbohydrates 24g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.2g 17 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.