We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our version of a British classic, Cottage Pie, is made with tender top sirloin beef and veggies swimming in beefy gravy that's topped off with mashed potatoes and baked to perfection.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 pounds top sirloin beef, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 (12-ounce) jars beef gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- Paprika for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown beef and onion 6 to 8 minutes. Drain off excess liquid, if needed.
- Add peas and carrots, gravy, and thyme; mix well and pour into casserole dish. Place mashed potatoes over top and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until heated through.
To avoid a potential mess, place a baking sheet under the casserole dish, since this just might bubble over.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 291
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 5.1g 26 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 25g 51 %
- Cholesterol 71mg 24 %
- Sodium 479mg 20 %
- Total Carbohydrates 21g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.7g 15 %
- Sugars 2.2g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The family is going to rave over these budget-friendly skillet pork chops! Made with a box of shortcut stuffing mix, and lots ooey gooey cheese, our "Unstuffed" Stuffed Pork Chops are layered to perfection. It's a dish that looks and tastes like it's fit for royalty, so there's no need to tell everyone just how budget-friendly it actually is!