Country-Fried Steak & Eggs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We first had country-fried steak years ago at a little southern diner. Boy, were we hooked! And once we decided to put fried eggs on top, we discovered our new favorite breakfast.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 pounds beef cubed steaks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk
- 8 eggs
What To Do:
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 1 teaspoon salt and water; stir until salt is dissolved. Add steaks and soak 10 minutes. In medium-sized bowl, combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Reserve 2 tablespoons of mixture and set aside.
- Remove steaks one at a time from water and coat completely with flour mixture. In a large deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until very hot, but not smoking.
- Carefully add steaks to skillet and brown 12 to 15 minutes or until juices run clear and coating is golden brown, turning occasionally. Remove steaks to a covered serving platter and keep warm.
- Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of oil. Add reserved flour mixture to skillet and brown lightly over medium-low heat. Slowly whisk in remaining salt, pepper, and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and simmer 3 to 5 minutes, or until thick and creamy. Serve steak topped with gravy.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, cook eggs sunny-side up in batches. Serve on plate next to steak topped with gravy.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!
- Dad's Meat Loaf
- 25 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes
- Redneck Chicken-Fried Steak
- Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf
- Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef
- Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage
- All American Skillet Goulash
- Old-Fashioned Meatloaf
- Dad's Beer Marinated Steak
- Better-Than-Ever Meatloaf