Crispy Fried Meatloaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
Everyone loves good old-fashioned meat loaf, but here in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen we prefer to jazz it up a bit. How? By keeping the timeless flavor we all love, but giving this Crispy Fried Meatloaf a golden coating we can really sink our teeth into. There are a lot of different ways to do meat loaf all over the world, but we think this one is absolutely marvelous!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, eggs, water, 1/3 cup ketchup, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder; mix well. Place mixture in prepared dish and shape into loaf. Spread remaining ketchup over top.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center. Let cool, then refrigerate at least 2 hours. Slice cold meat loaf into 3/4-inch slices.
- To make the coating, place flour in a shallow dish; place eggs in another shallow dish and lightly beat. Combine Panko bread crumbs, salt, and pepper in a third shallow dish. Coat a slice of meat loaf on both sides with flour, then egg, and finally with bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil until hot. Fry a few slices at a time 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter and serve.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.