We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're probably wondering why this is called "cupboard" steak. Well, that's easy...it's 'cause all the ingredients are found right in your kitchen cupboard.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) beef eye of round steaks (4 to 6 ounces each), about 1/2 inch thick
What To Do:
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine salsa, ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard; mix well. Place in a plastic bag with steaks; seal tightly and turn to completely coat meat. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat broiler. Place steaks on a broiler pan or rimmed cookie sheet that has been covered with aluminum foil that has been coated with cooking spray, discarding marinade.
- Broil steaks 14 to 16 minutes for medium rare or until desired doneness, turning halfway through cooking.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We really went "over the top" with this open-faced sandwich. Our Over-the-Top Chicken Caesar Melt is a fill-ya-up main dish that was inspired by all the easy and convenient ingredients in the freezer aisle. It's made with flavorful Texas toast that gets topped with yummy ingredients like chicken, cheese, onion rings, and more. It's a must-make!