Dining Car Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 15 Min
Nothing fancy here - just good, old-fashioned steak prepared with garlic and butter. Dining Car Steak makes a mouthwatering dinner.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, slightly softened
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Delmonico steaks (12 to 16 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, lemon juice, and parsley; mix well. Place the mixture down the center of a 12-inch-square piece of waxed paper and roll into a 1-inch-thick log. Wrap tightly and refrigerate about 2 hours, or until firm.
- Preheat the broiler. Season each side of the steaks with onion powder, salt, and pepper. Place steaks on a broiler pan or rimmed baking sheet and broil 7 to 9 minutes.
- Turn the steaks over and place four (1/4-inch) slices of herbed butter on each steak; broil 7 to 9 minutes for medium-rare, or until desired doneness. Top each serving with an additional 1/4-inch slice of herbed butter and allow to melt. Store any unused herbed butter in the refrigerator for future use.
For more information on The Gold Coast Railroad Museum, go to www.goldcoast-railroad.org
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!